Friday, June 12, 2009

A tour to the heartland of terror- Day3- Pahalgam


Yes, yes, day3. Off we go to another beautiful and cold place called Pahalgam. The long, arduous bus ride starts at 9 30 in the morning and doesn't end till about 2 pm. But, before we started, we bid adieu to our dear caretaker, Hussain bhai.

Long, long, bumpy ride. Trust me, you wouldn't want to follow an army convoy. You may think that I'm unpatriotic, but really, by the time you go past an army vehicle, you'll feel very relieved. Kashmir has no dearth for green painted Army vehicles carrying personnel, rations, arms and ammunition.

Poof, finally we land up at the resort in Pahalgam. Everyone's extremely hungry, me included too. So all of us dig in and dig in deep. So, wat's for lunch? Soup (some crap soup), fried rice, gobi manchurian, paneer butter masala, naan, roti, some sweet dish (my eldest cousin really loved that dish). burp.

Post lunch, some local sight seeing at Pahalgam. Usual stuff, roaming around here and there, some small gardens from where we could see the ice clad hills. And yes, the mighty jhelum flowing past these gardens.

Then, at around past 8, we returned to our resort. Dinner. Yet again, almost the same menu. My grandmother and her cousin who had come with us, got fed up of rotis and naans and sabzis, now they started demanding for curd rice. Understandable. I was feeling a little homesick myself. How much I yearned that night to watch the ipl match back at home, in my living room, screaming as loud and swearing for every missed chance and dropped catch, and yes of course, for my mobile to ring aloud with messages and calls from my loved ones.

Finally, there's nothing great to do here in this place, hit the sack at around 10 pm. Hit the sack only, but no sleep that night, due to my cousins, with whom I was put up for the night. Hell of a night really.

No comments:

Post a Comment