Monday, August 15, 2011

Alaipayuthey....

One LOVE story that I truly Love. Of course, I hate stupid love stories like "I hate luv storys". But, Alaipayuthey.. NEVER. Right from the moment I stepped out of the theater, I was thinking "what a love story.. so, is this what love is?" And I was just in 9th standard at that time.

11 years have rolled by since that Mani Ratnam masterpiece, so many movies have come and gone, so many love stories, told, forgotten and buried, but Alaipayuthey - has only managed to make me fall in love with it, all over again, every single time that I see the movie.




And it is only when I look back I suddenly realized -  11 years have gone by!!! Wow.. and it just seemed like yesterday night that I walked out of Devi theater after watching this.

I don't think I need to tell this movie's story now, as everyone would have watched it quite a few times - thanks to Sun Tv, Vijay Tv, etc. However, I must say, it is such a timeless classic, which has only been so enjoyable, that I have never been able to quit watching this movie.

Well, coming to the question - "What is love?" That's a very tough question to answer. Different people have different meanings. However, it will all come down to just that special someone, who can turn each of our lives up side down.

I guess I have run out of words to write about this movie and about love. I think I was better off just watching it for the billionth time and I am going back to continue it. I hope, I have performed an Inception on you to go watch the movie now. :)

1 comment:

  1. yes, once upon a time when Mani ratnam meant sensible movies... he was capable of bringing the best out... and yes he made us laugh, cry and also fall in love ... there was 'magic' written all over this movie... and every girl wanted to fall in love with a 'karthik' and every guy wanted a 'Shakti'...

    ReplyDelete